Do you vote by mail?
Make sure you mail in your ballot by this Thursday, October 30 to be sure that your ballot arrives on time and is counted. Ballots received after 7 pm on Election Day will NOT be counted.
Do you vote in person?
Casa de los Niños is pleased to announce a free class especially for fathers of young children!
This free 4 hour training is designed especially for new and expecting fathers of all ages.
Part 1- Baby Basics is intended to teach dads about prenatal, birth and post-partum situations.
Part 2- Involved from the Start focuses on child development, discipline, and the important relationship between father and child.
Date: December 3-4, 2014
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (both days)
Location: Casa de los Niños (1101 N. 4th Ave)
For more information or to register call Amanda at (520) 624-5600 ex 309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open enrollment begins on November 15, 2014!
- More than half of all bankruptcies in the United States are due to unexpected medical expenses
- Those who have been uninsured for more than 3 months in 2014 may have to pay a penalty at tax time.
- Many people qualify for low cost health insurance in the Marketplace
- Local help is available
Trained staff from the United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona will present the information on health insurance options and how to take advantage of them to your staff or the families you work with.
Get Insured! Take Advantage of New Healthcare Options is a 45 minute presentation available in English or Spanish designed to explain how to:
- Sign up for low-to-no-cost health insurance
- Take advantage of tax credits and subsidies that may be available to you
- Avoid the possibility of paying a penalty at tax time for not having health insurance
- Locate help in your community to assist with applying for health insurance
To schedule a presenter come to your organization at no cost to you, please contact:
Andrea Chiasson, Senior Director, Health and Nutrition
United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona has a job opening for a Community Development Program Coordinator. This is a full-time, grant funded, administrative support professional position. This position requires an organized, detail oriented, motivated, and professional person who can quickly learn the complexities of multiple grants and budgets.
- Processes invoices and checks them for accuracy for multiple grants from multiple sources
- Tracks the budgets of all programs and services using Excel
- Takes minutes at meetings and prepares them for distribution after the meeting
- Organizes meetings, including printing out agendas, sign-in sheets, and other materials, sending out meeting reminders, bringing necessary AV equipment, etc.
- Organizes logistics for professional development opportunities for the Family Support Alliance, including finding a venue, creating a registration page on either Constant Contact or Eventbrite, tracking registration, printing out sign-in sheets, and making copies of handouts
- Collects quarterly narrative reports from sub-grantees for the Community-based Parent Education grants and combining them into one large report to be submitted to First Things First with input from the Family Support Director
- Supports Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer with administrative duties
- Substitutes for front desk receptionist as assigned
- Participates in local community events and employer fairs where United Way might have an informational table
- Associate’s Degree in business, office administration or related field and/or 3-4 years increasingly responsible office support, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written documents, grammar, spelling, and selection/organization of appropriate presentation method/vehicle
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills using Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and graphics software, to generate meaningful and comprehensive documents, materials and presentations. Strongly prefer 55-wpm word processing speed. Skills using current Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be very organized, task-oriented, and willing to take direction and assignments from multiple people
- Knowledgeable about the family support and early childhood education fields
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the metropolitan Tucson area and Pima County whenever required
To apply for this position please go to: http://www.unitedwaytucson.org/contact-hr and upload your resume and cover letter. When submitting the documents, please indicate the position you are applying for.