Health Outreach Assistant
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
State and Federal Programs
- Closing Date:
open until filled
- Range F, $11.52 – $11.89
20 Hours/Week, Short Term, Fiscal Year
The Health Outreach Assistant supports early childhood education by implementing the Parents as Teachers Model through regular home visits with participating families.
Spanish speaking abilities preferred.
- High school diploma or GED and;
- Associate’s degree or higher or;
- At least two years of study at an institution of higher education or;
- Passing score on a skills assessment;
- Two years of previous experience working in health-related programs, social services or in an educational setting;
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet packages;
- Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license.
A copy of your High School diploma/GED and college transcripts/skills assessment results must be attached to your application to be considered for this position.
JOB TITLE: Parent Educator with Parents as Teachers Home Visitation Program
DEPARTMENT: Child & Family Services
DIVISION: Parents as Teachers Program
WAGE CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
WRITTEN BY: Director, Child & Family Services
APPROVED BY: Chief Executive Officer
DATE REVISED: October 2015
The Parents as Teachers Educator is responsible for providing home-based intervention services, referral and coordination of activities for overburdened women with children under the age of five, women with children under five with special health care needs, or prenatal women and their families participating in the Parents as Teachers Program.
Apply at www.casadelosninos.org