The Arizona Division for Early Childhood (AZ DEC) in conjunction with The Arizona Department of Education-Early Childhood Education presents:
Creating Adaptations for Routines & Activities in Early Childhood Classrooms: CARA’s Kit, Lillian M. McCuen, M.A.
Saturday, March 31, 2012, 8 AM to 3 PM
Cardon Children’s Medical Center (on the campus of Banner Desert Medical Center)
Rosati Education Center-Saguaro Room
1400 S. Dobson Road, Mesa, AZ 85202
Registration cost includes a CARA’s Kit for each participant ($20 value)
$ 75.00 non-DEC members
$ 60.00 DEC Members
$ 40.00 Family Childcare Providers, Parents of Children with Special Needs and Students
Register at http://www.azcec.org/node/349
5 Professional Development Hours from the Arizona Department of Education, If you have Arizona teaching certification, these credits can be applied to re-certification
Lillian McCuen is the Executive Director of Education Networks, a non-profit organization which focuses on creating better learning environments for all children. Lillian teaches at Temple University and has conducted workshops for 20+ yrs for early childhood educators and intervention specialists. CARA’s Kit is now in wide use in ECE/ECSE classrooms nationwide, is endorsed by DEC and NAEYC and sold in their online stores.
This presentation will help you:
- Make decisions when there is a difference between what you want to happen and what is actually happening
- Improve daily routines through the use of adaptations
- Promote full participation of children without regard to their current levels of functioning
Course Objectives: participants will….
- Learn about a research-based approach of using adaptations for daily activities and routines so that children can successfully participate in early childhood classroom curriculum.
- Learn about how adaptations may help children meet a variety of curricular expectations and pre-kindergarten standards
- Apply knowledge gained from CARA’s Kit in a variety of early childhood settings
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 150 PARTICIPANTS.