You’re invited…to attend Circle of Security in Phoenix. Registration is now available for a newly developed parent education program offering the core components of the evidence-based Circle of Security protocol. This 4-day seminar trains professionals to use an eight chapter DVD to educate caregivers.
Circle of Security® has established a new DVD parenting education program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed COS© protocol. This 4-Day seminar trains professionals to use an eight chapter DVD to educate parents and caregivers. The program presents video examples of secure and problematic parent/child interaction, healthy options in care giving, and animated graphics designed to clarify principles central to COS©. Circle of Security Parenting© implements decades of attachment research in an accessible step-by-step process for use in group settings, home visitation, or individual counseling.
Watch a sample of the DVD at http://www.youtube.com/user/CircleOfSecurity
Who should attend?
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Home Visitors, Family Support Workers, Outreach Workers, Behavior Support specialists, and anyone providing parenting education and/or counseling to parents of young children.
Learning Objectives of the Training:
• Understand the theoretical foundation of the Circle of Security®
• Build a secure base/safe haven relationship with caregivers
• Shift caregiver focus from behavior management to enhancing the quality of relationship
• Understand specific steps to build self-reflection in caregivers
• Use video examples to support increased empathy in caregivers
• Identify new options to help caregivers manage emotions
• Learn step-by-step approaches for promoting secure attachment in children
Lower Level Auditorium, in the Phoenix Corporate Tower
3003 N. Central Ave Phoenix, AZ 85012
*DVD may only be used by those who have completed the 4-Day training. Completion of the 4-Day training does not grant permission to train others in the use of the DVD.