Casa de los Niños is pleased to announce a new parenting class for fathers!
The Dad Difference
Dates: Tues & Wed August 21st and 22nd , 2012 (attendance at both nights required)
Time: 6-8 PM
Place: Casa de los Niños/1101 N. 4th Ave. /Tucson 85705
Trainers: Julio Luquin and Hector Burgueño
Free- Adults only.
Light dinner provided
Call or email to register: Carol Weigold 520 624-5600 X 401 or email@example.com
The DAD Difference
Motivate dads to be an integral part of their child’s life from pregnancy on. By teaching ways to connect with their newborn and be an effective parent to their growing child, this research-based series gives fathers the confidence and skills to parent in their own unique “dad way.”
- Just for dads – a comprehensive parenting program for fathers
- Real life – solutions to common father-related challenges
- Making connections – teach dads how to bond with children
- Diverse dads – shows a variety of family situations
Volume 1: Baby Basics
Shows new dads the vital role they play during pregnancy, labor, and the early weeks of their new child’s life.
- Dads are unique – why are dads essential?
- The Pregnant Father – going to prenatal exams, healthy habits, finances, and taking time off
- Labor and Birth – being there, attending to mom’s needs, asking questions, being with baby
- Emotions – postpartum blues for mom and dad, intimacy
- Baby care – benefits of breastfeeding, bonding, signs of illness, SIDS, Abusive Head Trauma (Shaken Baby Syndrome), coping with frustration, playing with baby
Volume 2: Involved From the Start
Teaches young dads healthy ways to connect with their children from birth to age five and offers solutions to their challenges.
- Connect – child development, health and safety
- Positive Discipline – setting limits and coping with frustration
- Take Care of Yourself – having personal goals, dealing with your own father
- Relating – resolving relationship conflict, “I” messages
- Work and Family – flexible hours, sharing work with your child, finding work
- Single Fatherhood – shared parenting, fathering from a distance and more