Over the next couple of weeks, you will have the opportunity to take action on some very important child care and home visiting legislation. Here’s what is happening:
- March 12th will be a National Day of Action to support the reauthorization of the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV), which must happen by September 30.
- On the Day of Action, we will ask you to call your members of Congress and tweet and post your support for MIECHV on social media.
- Next week, ZERO TO THREE and our partner organizations will be sending out sample social media posts, e-blasts, and links to find the Twitter handles of your members of Congress.
- As early as next week, your Senators will vote to reauthorize the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG). If it passes, this victory will be an important step in building a strong early learning system.
- CCDBG was last reauthorized nearly 20 years ago. Much has changed since then, but the fundamental importance of child care funding has not.
- We will need your voices to help pass CCDBG reauthorization in the Senate!
For more information go to: http://zerotothree.org/public-policy/