The Grrrls Project is currently hiring a Program Assistant.
About the Grrrls Project: Our programming is based on the fundamental principle that girls have a right to be themselves, and our goal is to reduce teen pregnancy in our community. By providing eight-week empowerment workshops we have begun to create a community of young women who are empowered with knowledge and skills to build a healthy future for themselves and their families. Participants also connect with other girls their age and a professional facilitator whose goal is to empower them with skills for life! The girls who participate receive small prizes and snacks each day of the program.
Job Description: The Program Assistant works largely behind the scenes to support staff who work with girls aged 11-15 to deliver the programs. This is a full time position based in the Tucson office, responsible for a number of tasks, including the following:
- Administrative support;
- Assist with inventory and organization of workshop supplies;
- Data entry for accurate reporting;
- Coordination and logistics for meetings;
- Receive formal training and conduct program observations to ensure fidelity to the program model;
- Client recruitment, including presentations, booths at community events, parent meetings and phone calls/emails to participants and parents;
- Reminder calls and make-up sessions for participants who miss sessions;
- Attend a three-day training alongside teachers, counselors, school administrators and other professionals (the next training is planned for August 6-8, 2014).
Anyone interested should send their resume directly to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 2, 2014 at 5:00pm.