The University of Arizona, College of Education has established an innovative approach to undergraduate and graduate programs in early childhood education with a focus on Communities as Resources in Early Childhood Teacher Education, and is currently searching for an Early Childhood Education specialist for appointment to a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level effective August 2015.
This position offers an opportunity to join the internationally recognized department of Teaching, Learning and Sociocultural Studies (TLS) comprised of two outstanding graduate programs: Language Reading and Culture (LRC) and Teaching and Teacher Education (TTE), and undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and literacy, learning & leadership.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Teaching experience at the early childhood or elementary school level is preferred.
- A record of university-level teaching preferred.
- Commitment to linguistic and culturally diverse populations.
- Enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary and community environment
- Interest in active and collaborative learning, the instructional use of innovative technology, and hybrid and online learning is highly desirable.
- Experience in and commitment to securing extramural funding for research and program development
Please complete an electronic application form (Job 56478) and attach a letter of interest, a statement of research and teaching interests, your curriculum vitae, three representative publications/papers, and names and contact information for three professional references on-line at: http://www.hr.arizona.edu
**Applications will be reviewed starting October 30, 2014. Review will continue until the position is filled.
For more information or questions regarding this position please call 520-621-2928.