United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona has a job opening for a Community Development Program Coordinator. This is a full-time, grant funded, administrative support professional position. This position requires an organized, detail oriented, motivated, and professional person who can quickly learn the complexities of multiple grants and budgets.
- Processes invoices and checks them for accuracy for multiple grants from multiple sources
- Tracks the budgets of all programs and services using Excel
- Takes minutes at meetings and prepares them for distribution after the meeting
- Organizes meetings, including printing out agendas, sign-in sheets, and other materials, sending out meeting reminders, bringing necessary AV equipment, etc.
- Organizes logistics for professional development opportunities for the Family Support Alliance, including finding a venue, creating a registration page on either Constant Contact or Eventbrite, tracking registration, printing out sign-in sheets, and making copies of handouts
- Collects quarterly narrative reports from sub-grantees for the Community-based Parent Education grants and combining them into one large report to be submitted to First Things First with input from the Family Support Director
- Supports Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer with administrative duties
- Substitutes for front desk receptionist as assigned
- Participates in local community events and employer fairs where United Way might have an informational table
- Associate’s Degree in business, office administration or related field and/or 3-4 years increasingly responsible office support, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including clear, concise, and accurate written documents, grammar, spelling, and selection/organization of appropriate presentation method/vehicle
- Demonstrated customer service, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills using Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and graphics software, to generate meaningful and comprehensive documents, materials and presentations. Strongly prefer 55-wpm word processing speed. Skills using current Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be very organized, task-oriented, and willing to take direction and assignments from multiple people
- Knowledgeable about the family support and early childhood education fields
- Ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the metropolitan Tucson area and Pima County whenever required
To apply for this position please go to: http://www.unitedwaytucson.org/contact-hr and upload your resume and cover letter. When submitting the documents, please indicate the position you are applying for.