Strong Families AZ is pleased to announce another exciting professional development opportunity! Registration for 2015 Empower Home Visiting training dates are now open!
What it is: This is a three-day class where participants will learn how to use Empower Home Visiting Standards to support healthy eating and active living for young families in the home visiting setting, and how simple practices can improve the health of infants, children, and adults in the families they serve. This training will highlight how the Empower Home Visiting Standards can help to prevent obesity and provide strategies for home visitors to share these messages with families. Topics covered will include how to build support for women to reach breastfeeding goals, recognizing and responding to infant hunger/fullness cues, strategies to prepare healthy meals at home, food safety practices for breast milk and infant formula in the home and much more!
Who should attend: Home visitors and other professionals who work directly with children and families
Links for Registration:
- Phoenix- March 17-19: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EHV_March2015
- Tucson- June 9-11: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EHV_JuneTucson
- Phoenix- June 23-25: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EHV_June2015
- Show Low- July 13-15: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EHV_July2015
- Sierra Vista- August 10-12: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EHV_Aug2015
Questions? Please email Noelle Veilleux at email@example.com