JobPath currently has an opening for a Career Counselor. This is a 30 hour/week position with benefits (80% medical, dental, PTO). The JobPath Career Counselor is responsible for assisting and directing the participants successful upgrading of his or her skills for job readiness and successful employment. Working as part of the JobPath team, he or she assesses applicant needs and abilities; enrolls; case manages; provides career guidance to participants throughout their education and job training and transition to employment.
Job Duties Include:
- Conducts an initial interview with applicants, reviews the information on their JobPath application and budget sheet and determines the candidate’s eligibility for enrollment in JobPath. This includes assessing the applicant’s: motivation, financial needs, college assessment tests and readiness to enter a JobPath sponsored career training area.
- Meets with the participants to enroll them in JobPath and review JobPath expectations. Develop a personalized education and job training plan.
- Assists participants with Financial Aid application (FAFSA), grants and scholarships
- Monitors participants’ progress in their education and job training which includes prompt response to participants’ issues. Intervenes immediately if there are problems
- Builds relationships with instructors, coordinators and all other appropriate college and agency staff to enhance the training experience of the participant and facilitate progress towards graduation.
- And more…
- Two (2) years of Case Management experience
- Experience in leading individual and group peer support groups. Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, social work or other appropriate field preferred.
- Customer service skills are a must.
- Strong communication skills-written and oral.
- Must enjoy working with participants and have a strong initiative to work in a team.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office suite, Windows applications, internet and email required.
- Some evenings and weekends required.
- High Professional standards.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to Pat Trainor at email@example.com