Professional development for home visitors is kicking off 2016 with exciting opportunities across Arizona!
- Kathleen Kendall-Tacket, Phd, IBCLC, FAPA, will be presenting in both Tucson and Phoenix. Dr. Kendall-Tacket will be discussing women’s health research including breastfeeding, maternal depression and the lifetime effects of trauma. Dr. Kendall-Tackett is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant as well as a clinical Associate Professor of Nursing at the University of Hawaii and a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Texas Tech University School of Medicine. Get more information and register here.
- Home visitors in the Tucson area can attend a series of workshops focusing on trauma-informed care. The next session – register here – will be held February 1, 2016.
- Additionally, a workshop on self-care through visual journaling is scheduled for January 8, 2016. You can click here to register.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences will be the focus of training in Holbrook on January 28, 2016. Email Amy Stradling for more information and to register.
- Empower is presenting a monthly one-hour webinar on ways to support healthy eating and active living for young families in the home visiting setting. You can register for the live webinars here.
- And finally, coming attractions include the return of Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies training on domestic violence for home visitors in February; and a new Oral Health Training.
Check the Strong Families AZ Home Visitor Portal
often for new opportunities in your area as well as online training and resources for home visiting. Wishing you a wonderful 2016!